Red sketchbook pages

I started this new year full of hyperactive energy ending with an overdose of thoughts. I was planning too much and everything went out of control in my head.
I never really made resolutions... i want them to happened day by day, as i go along with my life.
I decided to go back on studying something I like that is challenging: Botanical Illustration. 
Botanical Illustration is not just about painting flowers, is a journey of studies, sketches, walks in the garden and a passion for plants to grow on your windowsill.
I feel like i am going backward... you "should" start with real life drawing and going for abstraction... but after studying illustration in Milan and being surrounded by all sorts of creative beings i wasn't learning how to paint or draw, i was learning how to compete without having bases. And i didn't bother.
Going away from Italy helped me a lot finding my real passion, staying away from obsessive creativity that clog my mind.

Now i just want to go slowly, keep my head focus on botanical and do my best for this year.
I booked a botanical art course with Yanny Petters for February and few other private lessons. I will keep you updated.

Here some PINK / RED sketchbook's studies.



Comments

Popular Posts